JUNIOR RAMS BASKETBALL CLUB 2017-2018
To develop dedicated, disciplined, and confident basketball players from Ladue Middle School and 5th Grade Center into athletes that display strong character, value teamwork and have a strong passion for the game of basketball. These students will be chosen to represent their schools and the future Varsity Basketball Teams with respect, dignity, and academic excellence.
All student-athletes should adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Commitment to Excellence- Dedication, Improvement, Discipline, Passion 2) Strong Work Ethic- Accountability, Confidence, Self-Worth, Toughness
3) Character- Sportsmanship, Respect, Dignity, Integrity, Teamwork
Practice Information and Schedules
2 Teams per grade level; Each team will get 2 scheduled practices a week
All practices will be held in the 5th Grade Center Gym
Times for practices will be 6:00-7:30 p.m.(5th/6th) and 7:30-9:00 p.m.(6th/7th/8th)
If school is not in session the day of your practice you will likely NOT practice. All other gym conflicts will be communicated to the coaches.
Skill Sessions: For the first few weeks of the season (10/16 and 10/17, 10/24 and 10/25, 11/7 and 11/8, and 11//14 and 11/15), all 5th-7th grade teams will use one practice slot per week with a skills coach. Rick Klohmann will spend this time each week taking the players through skills training to establish a foundation for the season and introduce offensive/defensive strategies for the season. All coaches are expected to attend to help with these sessions. The skill sessions for each grade level are as follows:
• Tuesdays: ALL 6th grade 6:00-7:30 p.m. at FGC, ALL 7th Grade 7:30-9:00 p.m. at FGC
• Wednesdays: ALL 5th grade 6:00-7:30 p.m. at FGC(first training is Monday, 10/16)
League and Tournament Information
• Each team will consist of approximately 10 players
• Cost for each player will be a minimum $155. (Checks should be made payable to Ladue High
School) This will include 8 games in the CNR League and 2 tournaments at Ladue High School in December 1-3 and January 12-14, and 4 Skill Sessions during October and November. Payment is due to the coaches by October 26th!
• All CNR games are mostly played on Sundays, and all tournament games and most league games will be played at a Ladue Facility
• Teams will have the option to play additional games beyond 8 games. This decision will be made by the head coach of each team. The options are 8, 10, 12, 14 or 16 games. The cost is as follows: 8-$155, 10-$170, 12-$185, 14-$200 and 16-$215. This price includes paying the basketball skills trainer. 8th grade teams will pay $25 less than the totals above depending on how many games they choose to play because they are not working with the trainer.
• Each player will be required to purchase a jersey and shorts for an additional fee UNLESS they still have one from previous year. Both of these items can be purchased using the online form which will be provided to the coaches for distribution by October 16th!
• BSN Sports Order Forms: One will be just for uniforms and spirit wear, and the other form will
be non-logo items such as shoes, etc.
• The coaches in this program are parent volunteers! If you have issues with a coach you will
need to discuss your situation with the coach prior to talking with me! If you do need to speak
to a coach, please wait 24 hours to contact or set up a meeting.
• Once the games start, this program should be your child’s priority!
• Playing time per team should be fairly equal for league games, but in tournaments the playing
time can vary. Attendance and Attitude can affect your child’s playing time!
• Communicate with coaches on missed practices/games!
• 2 practices per week: if your child misses both practices they will NOT play in the first half of
the next game
For Additional Information/Questions
Chad Anderson, Varsity Boys Coach Cell # 314-308-7495
Office # 314-983-5525